Cape Cod is a popular vacation destination known for its picturesque beaches, charming towns, and rich history. It’s an ideal place for families looking for a memorable and fun-filled vacation.
There are numerous activities that families can enjoy in Cape Cod. Let’s take a look at some of the best things to do in Cape Cod for families.
Explore the Beaches
Cape Cod is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Families can spend their days building sandcastles, swimming, and playing beach games. Some of the most popular beaches in Cape Cod include:
- Coast Guard Beach: This beach is located in Eastham and is known for its stunning views of the Nauset Spit.
- Nauset Beach: This beach is located in Orleans and is known for its great waves that are perfect for surfing.
- Craigville Beach: This beach is located in Barnstable and is known for its soft sand and crystal-clear waters.
Visit Local Museums
Cape Cod has a rich history that families can explore by visiting local museums. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History: This museum is located in Brewster and has exhibits on local flora, fauna, and geology.
- Pilgrim Monument & Provincetown Museum: This museum is located in Provincetown and tells the story of the Mayflower Pilgrims who landed on Cape Cod.
- Cape Cod Children’s Museum: This museum is located in Mashpee and offers interactive exhibits that are both educational and fun.
Take a Whale Watching Tour
Whale watching tours are a popular activity in Cape Cod. Families can take a boat ride to see whales in their natural habitat. Some of the most popular whale watching tours in Cape Cod include:
- Captain John Boats: This tour is located in Plymouth and offers a 3-hour whale watching tour.
- Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch: This tour is located in Provincetown and offers a 4-hour whale watching tour.
- Cape Cod Whale Watch: This tour is located in Barnstable and offers a 3-4 hour whale watching tour.
Cape Cod has miles of bike paths that families can explore. Biking is a fun way to explore the area’s natural beauty. Some of the most popular bike trails in Cape Cod include:
- Cape Cod Rail Trail: This trail is 22 miles long and runs from Dennis to Wellfleet.
- Shining Sea Bikeway: This trail is 10 miles long and runs from Falmouth to Woods Hole.
- Nauset Trail: This trail is 1.6 miles long and runs through the marshes of Eastham.
Cape Cod has something for everyone, including families. From exploring beaches to visiting museums, taking whale-watching tours, and going biking, there are numerous activities that families can enjoy together. So if you’re planning a family vacation, consider visiting Cape Cod for an unforgettable experience.