If you are planning a trip to Glacier National Park and want to explore the waterways, renting a kayak is an excellent option. Kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the crystal-clear waters of the park’s lakes and rivers. However, before you plan your kayaking adventure, it is essential to know the cost of renting a kayak in Glacier National Park.
Cost of Renting a Kayak in Glacier National Park
The cost of renting a kayak in Glacier National Park varies depending on the type of kayak you choose and the duration for which you rent it. The park offers various types of kayaks for rent, including single kayaks, tandem kayaks, and sit-on-top kayaks.
- Single Kayak: If you are planning to go solo on your kayaking adventure, then a single kayak is an excellent option for you. The rental cost for a single kayak starts from $20 per hour.
- Tandem Kayak: A tandem kayak is perfect for couples or friends who want to enjoy their kayaking experience together.
The rental cost for a tandem kayak starts from $30 per hour.
- Sit-On-Top Kayak: If you are new to kayaking or want an easy-to-use option, then a sit-on-top kayak may be just what you need. The rental cost for a sit-on-top kayak starts from $25 per hour.
Duration Based Rental Rates
Aside from the type of kayak that you choose, rental rates also vary based on how long you plan to rent them.
- Hourly Rentals: Hourly rentals are perfect if you only want to spend an hour or two exploring the park’s waterways. They are also great if you’re looking to try kayaking for the first time. The hourly rental rates for kayaks in Glacier National Park start from $20 per hour.
- Half-Day Rentals: Half-day rentals are ideal if you want to spend more time exploring the park’s waterways. The rental period for half-day rentals is typically between 4-5 hours.
The rental rates for half-day rentals start from $65.
- Full-Day Rentals: If you want to spend an entire day exploring Glacier National Park’s waterways, then a full-day rental is perfect for you. The rental period for a full-day rental is usually between 7-8 hours. The rental rates for full-day rentals start from $95.
In conclusion, renting a kayak in Glacier National Park is an excellent way to explore the park’s waterways and enjoy its natural beauty. Whether you are planning to go solo or with a friend, there are different types of kayaks available at varying prices.
Remember that safety is paramount when kayaking, and it is essential always to wear a life jacket and follow the park’s rules and regulations.
So what are you waiting for? Rent a kayak today and discover Glacier National Park like never before!