Starting a Premier Pontoon Boat is a fairly simple process that requires a few key steps. Whether you’re a seasoned boater or a newbie, this tutorial will guide you through the process, ensuring a smooth and safe start to your boating adventure.
Step 1: Pre-Start Checklist
Before starting your Premier Pontoon Boat, it’s important to go through a pre-start checklist to ensure everything is in order. This will help prevent any potential issues and ensure your safety on the water.
- Check Fuel Level: Make sure you have enough fuel for your trip. It’s always better to have more than less.
- Inspect the Engine: Look for any visible signs of damage or wear and tear. Check the oil and coolant levels as well.
- Test the Battery: Ensure that the battery is fully charged and securely connected.
- Inspect Safety Equipment: Check that you have all the required safety equipment on board, such as life jackets, fire extinguisher, whistle, etc.
Step 2: Preparing the Boat
Now that you’ve completed the pre-start checklist, it’s time to prepare your Premier Pontoon Boat for ignition.
The first step in preparing your boat is to prime the fuel system. Follow these simple steps:
- Tilt Up Motor:
- Tilt up the motor using the tilt switch located on the control panel.
- Locate the fuel bulb, usually located near the motor.
- Squeeze and release the fuel bulb repeatedly until it becomes firm.
- Inspect the fuel line for any leaks or damage.
Now it’s time to connect the battery and prepare for ignition:
- Connect Battery:
- Ensure that the battery switch is in the “Off” position.
- Connect the positive (+) cable to the positive (+) terminal on the battery.
- Connect the negative (-) cable to the negative (-) terminal on the battery.
Note: Always connect the positive (+) cable first and disconnect it last to avoid any accidental sparks.
Step 3: Starting Your Pontoon Boat
You’re now ready to start your Premier Pontoon Boat. Follow these steps:
- Tilt Down Motor:
- Tilt down the motor using the tilt switch located on the control panel.
Note: Ensure that there are no obstructions around or under your motor before tilting it down.
- Insert your boat key into the ignition switch located on the control panel.
- Turn the key clockwise to the “Start” position.
Note: If your boat has a push-button start, press and hold the button until the engine starts.
Starting a Premier Pontoon Boat is a straightforward process that involves a pre-start checklist, preparing the boat, and following proper ignition procedures. By following these steps, you’ll be able to start your boat with ease and confidence, ready to embark on your next boating adventure.