If you’re looking to catch trout, then the Trout Magnet is a great option. It’s a simple rig that can be incredibly effective when used correctly. In this article, we’ll go over how to set up a Trout Magnet so that you can start catching more fish.
What is a Trout Magnet?
Before we get into how to set up a Trout Magnet, it’s important to understand what it is. A Trout Magnet is a lure that consists of a small jig head and a soft plastic body. The jig head is usually painted in bright colors, while the soft plastic body looks like an insect larva.
To set up your Trout Magnet, you’ll need the following materials:
- A Trout Magnet kit (which includes jig heads and soft plastic bodies)
- A fishing rod and reel
- Fishing line (4-6 lb test is recommended)
- Split shot sinkers (optional)
How to Set Up a Trout Magnet
Now that you have everything you need, let’s get started on setting up your Trout Magnet.
1. Start by tying your fishing line onto your rod and reel. 2. Take one of the jig heads from your kit and thread it onto your fishing line. 3. Next, take one of the soft plastic bodies from your kit and thread it onto the jig head. Make sure it’s centered properly so that it hangs straight.
4. If you want to add some weight to your rig, attach a split shot sinker about 12 inches above the Trout Magnet. 5. Cast your line out into the water and let it sink to the desired depth. 6. Once your line has settled, start reeling in slowly with small twitches of your rod tip. This will make the Trout Magnet look like a small insect larva swimming through the water.
Tips for Using a Trout Magnet
To get the most out of your Trout Magnet, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Try different colors. Sometimes trout will respond better to one color over another.
- Use light line.
Trout have great eyesight and can be easily spooked by heavy line.
- Experiment with different depths. Trout may be feeding at different depths depending on the time of day and water temperature.
- Keep your line tight. When you feel a fish bite, set the hook quickly to avoid losing it.
Setting up a Trout Magnet is easy and can be incredibly effective for catching trout. With the right materials and technique, you’ll be reeling in fish in no time.
Just remember to experiment with different colors and depths, and keep your line tight when you feel a bite. Happy fishing!