Fishing poles are made of several components, and one of them is the ferrule. This part helps to join two sections of the pole together, and over time it can become loose. Fortunately, this is an easy fix that you can do yourself with a few simple tools.
Tools Needed To Fix a Loose Ferrule
- Needle nose pliers
- A small flathead screwdriver
- Electrical tape or shrink tubing
Steps to Fix the Ferrule on Your Fishing Pole:
- Inspect the Ferrule: The first step is to inspect the ferrule and determine if it is really loose. Make sure to check for any cracks or chips that could be causing the looseness. If there are any cracks or chips, then you should replace the ferrule.
- Tighten the Ferrules: Once you have determined that the ferrule is not cracked or chipped, then use needle nose pliers to gently tighten it. Be careful not to over-tighten as this can damage the pole.
- Secure with Electrical Tape: After tightening the ferrule, it’s important to secure it in place with electrical tape or shrink tubing so that it stays tight. Wrap a few layers of tape around both ends of the ferrule and make sure there are no gaps between them.
Fixing a loose ferrule on a fishing pole is an easy task that anyone can do with just a few simple tools and some basic knowledge. With these steps outlined above, you should have no problem getting your pole back up and running in no time!