Cedar Bay salmon is a delicious and healthy meal option that can be prepared in a variety of ways. This type of salmon is known for its rich flavor and tender texture, making it a favorite among seafood lovers.
If you’re wondering how to cook cedar bay salmon, look no further! In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to create a mouthwatering dish.
Choosing the Right Cedar Bay Salmon
Before you start cooking, it’s important to choose the right cedar bay salmon. Look for fillets that are bright pink with a firm texture. Avoid any fillets that appear dull or discolored as they may not be fresh and could have an off taste.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to cook cedar bay salmon:
- Cedar plank
- Salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder (optional)
Preparing the Cedar Plank
The first step in cooking cedar bay salmon is preparing the cedar plank. Soak the plank in water for at least 1 hour before cooking. This will prevent it from catching fire on the grill or oven.
Cooking Cedar Bay Salmon on a Grill
To cook cedar bay salmon on a grill, follow these steps:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 400°F).
- Brush olive oil onto both sides of each salmon fillet.
- Squeeze lemon juice over each fillet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper (and garlic powder if desired) onto each fillet.
- Place the soaked cedar plank onto the grill grates and close the lid. Let it heat up for a few minutes.
- Once the cedar plank is heated, place the salmon fillets onto the plank skin-side down.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Cooking Cedar Bay Salmon in an Oven
To cook cedar bay salmon in an oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the soaked cedar plank onto a baking sheet and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Cedar bay salmon can be served with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, rice, or salad. You can also top it with your favorite sauce like teriyaki or honey mustard.
Cooking cedar bay salmon may seem intimidating at first, but with these simple steps, you’ll have a delicious meal in no time. Remember to choose fresh fillets and soak your cedar plank before cooking.
Whether you grill or bake your salmon, be sure to add your favorite seasonings for added flavor. Happy cooking!