Are you an avid water sports enthusiast who loves kayaking and paddle boarding? If so, you probably know the struggle of transporting your gear to and from the water.
Luckily, there are several methods you can use to securely carry a paddle board and a kayak on your car. In this article, we will explore some of the most popular options and provide step-by-step instructions for each method.
Option 1: Roof Rack
If your car is equipped with a roof rack, this is one of the easiest ways to transport your paddle board and kayak. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Start by placing your paddle board on the roof rack. Make sure it is centered and positioned correctly.
- Step 2: Secure the paddle board to the roof rack using straps or bungee cords.Wrap them around the board and attach them firmly to the roof rack.
- Step 3: Next, place your kayak on top of the paddle board. Align it properly and ensure that it is centered.
- Step 4: Use additional straps or bungee cords to secure the kayak on top of the paddle board. Make sure it is tightly fastened to prevent any movement during transportation.
- Tip 1: To protect your car’s roof from scratches, consider using foam pads or a protective mat between the roof rack and your gear.
- Tip 2: It’s important to regularly check the tightness of the straps during transit to ensure everything remains secure.
Option 2: Hitch Mount
If you have a hitch receiver on your car, using a hitch mount is another great option for carrying both your paddle board and kayak. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Install the hitch mount onto your vehicle’s hitch receiver, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 2: Place the paddle board onto the lower section of the hitch mount. Make sure it is centered and secure it using straps or bungee cords.
- Step 3: Attach the kayak to the upper section of the hitch mount. Align it properly and fasten it securely with straps or bungee cords.
- Tip 1: When using a hitch mount, make sure to consider the weight capacity of your vehicle’s hitch receiver and choose a mount that can support both your paddle board and kayak.
- Tip 2: Always double-check that everything is tightly secured before hitting the road.
Option 3: Kayak Trailer
If you own multiple kayaks or have a large paddle board, investing in a kayak trailer might be worth considering. Here’s how to use one:
- Step 1: Attach the trailer to your car’s hitch receiver according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 2: Load your paddle board onto the trailer, positioning it securely in place.
- Step 3: Place your kayaks on top of the trailer, ensuring they are centered and properly aligned.
- Step 4: Secure both the paddle board and kayaks using straps or bungee cords.
- Tip 1: Before purchasing a kayak trailer, make sure it is compatible with your car’s hitch receiver and can accommodate the size and weight of your gear.
- Tip 2: Be cautious while driving with a trailer attached to your vehicle, as it may affect your car’s maneuverability and require additional space for turns.
By following these methods, you can safely transport your paddle board and kayak to any water destination. Whether you choose a roof rack, hitch mount, or kayak trailer, always prioritize safety by securely fastening your gear and regularly checking its tightness during transit. Now you’re ready to hit the road and enjoy endless water adventures!